Thursday, October 15, 2009

The beginning of new things

As you probably know, it's our first week of official CSA work! YES!
We are 35 or so subscribers strong, and the energy on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday (our CSA days!) is glorious! With so much pride, we harvest the cilantro, basil, lettuces, and all that goodness, and lovingly put it in the boxes!

Yet another new beginning to start next week is our week at the Camarillo and Oxnard Farmers' Markets. Eager to barter and meet the community, we've been making sure everything is ready.

We've even been practicing a bit at our own corner market stand.



Nevertheless, it's the simple pleasures that encourage me to continually be present where I am -- like harvesting these golden beans in my grandfather's old mechanic coveralls with my grandmother's sunhat I used to wear on the NM ranch.

No comments:

Post a Comment