Monday, June 28, 2010

Merry meet and merry part and merry meet again

Times of transition require giving pause, and as I step into my final three days of living in the Oxnard farmhouse, I want to honor the "year" here as well as accept the coming change. I'm not going very far, and so I think of the phrase I've heard some dear friends use to say good-bye - "merry meet and merry part and merry meet again" - and I pause here on our blog to be grateful.

There are certain things I am grateful for/ I will miss from this year as an intern/farmer/farm worker.

I am grateful for/ I will miss playing guitar in the morning in the big room with Oliver







I am grateful for/ I will miss driving down Hueneme Road









I am grateful for/ I will miss living so close to the ocean









I am grateful for/ I will miss my farm harvesting outfits







There are parts of the work we do that I will miss as well, including:


Working at the market

Retreats at the farm

Early morning in the fields!

ATFP parties at the house

Dinners in the big kitchen

Interviewing for the paper






















Also, it's been wonderful to live in a place that friends want to visit! Having friends visit the farm has been another great honor. I think of...












Of course, a great part of this project has been getting to know my four sisterfriends!



























And, last, I am grateful for my relationship with the Earth.





Altogether, the Oxnard farm is where I believe I was meant to be. I take away precious memories and a renewed sense of trust in the power of our relationships with ourselves, each other, and the Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment